my top 5 music picks!



It’s no secret that I have a BIG love for music: I’m always on the hunt for new songs and am busy making new playlists in my spare time! I listen to music while doing a lot of things in life (even writing this post!) and I like it as an escape from everything 😊 So today I’m here with my current favourites: I really struggled narrowing this down to 5 songs, and I changed my mind a lot, which shows how many songs I really do like!

pick no.1- i don’t want your money (ed sheeran ft. her)

First, a pick from one of my vinyl’s: when I bought the Collaborations Project, I really only knew the popular songs plus a couple that I fell in love with straight away! So, listening to this album really opened my eyes to a few new songs and there is one side of the vinyl that features 4 songs that I could listen to all day, this being the favourite of the 4. Ed Sheeran may be a bit overrated but he really does make some good music, and he got some amazing artists for this album!

pick no.2- midnight city (m83)

The second this song kicks in, a smile comes on my face. I just think this is a very ‘summer goals’-esque song, and just makes me want to explore, enjoy everything and feel free! I have been using this song EVERYWHERE at the moment, so apologies for the spam of this song on my Instagram story recently (actually I’m not sorry y’all need to go and listen to it!) I think if I were to choose one song to recommend currently, it would be this one!

pick no.3- do re mi (blackbear)

A recent discovery (I’m behind the times, thanking my sister for playing this one round the house), but I love it! The only song I have really listened to of blackbear’s is ‘hot girl bummer’ which I think most people have heard of, but I love this, it’s got the same vibe and makes me feel like a badass (which I certainly am not!) I definitely need to go and check out more of his music as if these two songs are anything to go by, I’m going to love a lot more!

pick no.4- if everything was good (silicon estate, mimi bay)

This song just screams one word to me: chill. I heard this on an Eve Cornwell video back in January, and then on TikTok a few weeks ago, and I just loved the vibe. A lot of my music is very upbeat and ‘boppy’, so it’s nice to have a bit of a contrast from that (though there is still a bit of a heavy beat to this), and both voices on this track work so well!

pick no.5- new orleans (brockhampton)

It wouldn’t really be a music post from Amelia without a Brockhampton song now would it? New Orleans is my current favourite, from their Iridescence album. I don’t have much to say that I haven’t already said about this group: they are just great and the more of their music I’m discovering, the more I’m loving it! If you are a fan of rap I would HIGHLY recommend!

So those are my current favourite songs, let me know any songs you are loving at the moment in the comments, I would love to check them out! Have a fab weekend,

mills x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

summer skincare routine

my piercings...

3 ways to make your spotify 'aesthetic'