teaching myself to be a pisces

 

Star signs are a concept I have been interested in for quite a long time, and I am always interested in learning more about myself. I am a Pisces (as you can obviously see from the title), and I have been researching my sign very well, to see how much I compare to what has been researched. This post has been a long time in the making, as I did the research for this back in June! Whether you believe in star signs or not, this post will be an interesting read to say the least!

Pisces is a water element and is the 12th sign in the zodiac, from the 19th February to the 20th March. It is ruled by Neptune and Jupiter and they have the greatest compatibility with Virgo and Taurus. There are strong and weak traits that a Piscean can hold. Strong traits include: compassionate, artistic, intuitive, gentle, wise and musical. Personally, I can relate to some of these but not at all am I musical! I believe that no one fully relates to their star sign, but the majority of traits do match to the individual. Weaknesses include: fearful, overly trusting, sad and Pisceans have a desire to escape reality. I definitely see all of these traits in myself, and Pisceans are known as being dreamers, so in particular the desire to escape reality is real!

As well as our own strengths and weaknesses we have likes and dislikes according to research. Our likes include: being alone, sleeping, music, romance, visual media, swimming and spiritual themes. I think these likes sum me up pretty well if I’m honest, especially the first 3! I am a big introvert which means I love time alone, and I am loving a good nap at the moment! Pisces dislikes include: know-it-all’s, criticism, the past coming back to haunt, cruelty of any kind. Once again, this sums me up so well, I can’t stand criticism but I understand that it is needed to help improve in this world! Know it all’s also really get to me, like c’mon just be humbler about it and stop bragging!

“Pisces are friendly and find themselves in a company of different people, and are selfless. Being a water sign means Pisces are empathetic and have expressed emotional capacity. They are also generous, compassionate, faithful and caring, and have an intuitive understanding of the life cycle and can achieve the best emotional relationship with others. Pisces are never judgmental and always forgiving. They are also known to be most tolerant of all the zodiac signs.”

As well as the traits/likes and dislikes, there are certain areas of an individual’s life that can be explained by one’s own star sign including love and sex, friends and family and career and money.

Love and Sex

Research indicates that Pisces are born romantics and are very emotional when it comes to love. I find this funny because I sometimes struggle to be romantic, and until recently haven’t felt too many emotions/shared this with people, so I am learning to be a romantic. We are loyal, gentle and generous to partners, as well as passionate lovers who need to feel a real connection. All of the above I definitely agree with, not that I’ve had too much experience with love and relationships! It states that Pisceans aren’t a fan of short-term relationships/adventures which I can relate to, I’m not a fan!

Friends and Family

Pisces can be the best friends, and are that selfless that they put their friends needs in front of their own, and are loyal, devoted and compassionate to all of those whom are important to them. Pisceans take it upon themselves to try and resolve any problems that arise in a family or friend’s scenario. They can usually sense something is wrong even before it happens (true I’ve done this a couple times), and they won’t hesitate to express their feelings (I’m getting better at this). One of the bad things about Pisceans being so open is that they expect people to be as open as they are, and I’ve learned people aren’t the same back.

Career and Money

When it comes to careers, a Piscean feels best when their creative skills are enhanced, but are also are great at solving problems. Jobs best suited to a Pisces are: architect, musician, social worker and game designer. They have a series of traits which make them a great team mate, including being compassionate, hard-working, dedicated and reliable, which I can see within myself. I am a HUGE hard-worker and a lot of people know this; I literally don’t stop! When it comes to money however, Pisceans don’t give it a lot of thought, they are more focused on dreams and goals (very me). There are also 2 sides to a Pisces with money: on one hand they will spend a lot of money with no thought, but can also be very stingy with money. These sides actually sum me up to a T! I can carelessly spend money on clothes, but I can also be very stingy when it comes to things I actually need to be honest!

When reading into my sign, I use the app Co-Star, which gives me a daily thought, a zodiac chart, as well as an in-depth explanation of my powers, pressures and troubles for the day. It is free to download from the App Store (this isn’t sponsored), but I would recommend if you are into that sort of thing. I really love the daily insight as it gives me something to focus on during the day, and does inspire me to work hard!

 

And to finish off this post, I have decided to go to the most trustworthy place on the internet: Buzzfeed! I do love a good Buzzfeed quiz so I am going to take a few and present the results, because it’s hilarious!

Quiz No.1- This Is Weird, But We Can Guess Your Zodiac Sign Based Solely On The Disney Characters You Pick

Results: Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn

'You're obviously an earth sign! You're the type of person who keeps it 100% real 100% of the time, so your friends know they can always count on you to tell it like it is. Once you make up your mind, it takes a LOT for you to change it. You're grounded, patient, and stubborn.'

This one was not accurate, however, giving 3 signs doesn’t give accuracy fully anyway!

Quiz No.2- I Know It Sounds Absurd, But I Can Accurately Guess Your Sun, Moon, And Rising Signs

Results: Libra Sun, Pisces Moon, Capricorn Rising

My sun sign is Pisces, my moon sign is Sagittarius and my rising sign is Leo, and yeah this isn’t accurate at all!

Quiz No.3- We Know Your Zodiac Sign Based On The Way You Spend A Day

Results: Aries, Leo, or Sagittarius

'You've gotta be a fire sign! You care a lot about the people close to you and you would do anything for them. You know how to have a good time and make every party fun. You're not afraid to stand up for what you believe in!'

Again, just not accurate! But the whole point of these was to have fun, and to be doing Buzzfeed quizzes at 11pm eating Rolos watching Brooklyn 99 is pretty fun!

 

I hope you enjoyed this post! It took a lot of research which I have LOVED doing, to learn more about myself! What’s your star sign and do you believe in it?

mills x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

summer skincare routine

my piercings...

3 ways to make your spotify 'aesthetic'