the sunshine blogger award
I haven't done award/tag for such a long time, I think the last one was the Liebster Tag last year which feels like ages ago! So when the lovely Grace Kate tagged me in this latest award, I was so excited to participate in this! Thank you Grace for tagging me, and I hope you enjoy reading my answers to your questions!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
1. What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time (excluding blogging)?
Other than blogging, I have 3 other passions: photgraphy, baking and dance. I love taking pictures, and getting the perfect Instagram photo! I love trying out new angles and filters also! I love baking and trying out new recipes, even if they go wrong! I love learning new techniques and I like attempting the classics! And my other favourite is dance, which I have been doing since I was 6. It's something I truly have a passion for as it lets me express who I am and what I'm feeling! It's always great when you manage to master a new trick too!
2. Do you have a hidden talent?
I can do all 3 types of splits, left leg, right leg and middle (box). I've been able to do middle since I was about 7, right leg since I was 9 and left leg I learned when I was 14! I really struggle with left but I am proud that I can do all 3!
3. What is something that you are proud to have achieved?
After every 2 dance exams I take, awards are given out by my dance school for various catagories, and I am proud to have won 4 awards. I have won 'Most Promising 11-17 Dancer', 'The Examiners Award', ' The Leanne Curtis Memorial Cup for Most Positive and Vibrant Student' and most recently 'Highest Exam Mark 11-17'. I am so unbelievably happy to have won these awards, in particular the last one because it has been my goal to achieve that particular award.
4. In a friendship or relationship, what is something that draws you to someone else?
Most definitely an amazing personality. Yes you can be good looking or popular but if you have no personality, boy bye. I always look for someone who can make me laugh, and can always keep me smiling! The same with friends, I always want them to make me laugh and keep me happy.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
I am such a foodie and my guilty pleasure is eating a whole pack of either Jaffa Cakes or Chocolate Digestives in one go. I can't help it but they just taste too good!
6. In the rest of 2018, what do you want to achieve?
I don't have too many goals for the rest of the year, as I have big changes ahead of me. The first is to get good GCSE results, which will hopefully mean I can be accepted into Sixth Form. The next goal is also academic, and it is to settle into Sixth Form, and find my place, as I will be an external student. The final goal is to just grow my blog further, I want to just progress and grow this little site, but as always, things take time so I don't fully expect this!
7. What is your number one handbag essential?
I knew this as soon as I read the question and my answer would have to be my headphones. I listen to music all of the time when I go out and I'm making my way to places. It puts me in a good mood, and if I don't have my headphones, I'll usually be annoyed.
8. If you could collaborate with a brand on a product, which brand would it be and why?
I would have to say a fashion brand for this, because I don't think I would be too inventive when it comes to makeup, and I wouldn't have enough ideas. So I would collaborate with a fashion brand, and in particular Topshop as it is one of my favourite places to shop, and is my style to a T.
9. What do you look for in a good book?
I would have to say a good plot twist, or a romantic chemistry between two characters. I like the twists and turns of a plot twist, and how the writer allows characters emotions to change. But having a romantic chemistry is something else I look for because it just makes me smile when I'm reading it! ie. Maddy and Olly from Everything Everything.
10. What is the best memory you have had so far this year?
I would say that my best memory this year is my last day of secondary school. It was so nice to see everyone dressed up and carefree, because we had no exams left! I loved everyone's costumes and there were some amazing memories made on that day! We had an emotional leavers assembly, where I picked up an award for 'Overall Contribution to School Life' which I was very happy about because I am the first girl to win this award! To top the day off, my friends and I all had a party, and erm some got a little bit tipsy, but me being the responsible one made sure that everyone was okay!
11. What is the next thing you want to achieve for your blog?
I tweeted about this the other night, and it is to meet up with some of the friends I have made through this experience, I want to travel somewhere by myself and I would love to meet the people I have been talking to online! I think it would be an amazing day out, and one which will boost my confidence with travelling as it is something I would like to do in the future! Plus, we can all get amazing outfit pics and Instagram pics!
Questions for you to answer:
1. If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?
2. What is your staple outfit?
3. What is your typical Starbucks order?
4. Do you watch Love Island? If so, who are your favourites?
5. What is/was your favourite subject at school and why?
6. If you could become a child again and take up a hobby what would it be?
7. Something that you regret?
8. What is your favourite blog post you have ever written and why?
9. What's the dumbest way you've been injured?
10. What movie/book character do you most relate to?
11. Where do you want your blog to be this time next year?
Izzy from Izzychats- http://izzychats.blogspot.com/
Kate from LuxeKate- https://www.luxekate.com/
Alex from Alexandra Georgia- https://alexandraageorgiaa.wordpress.com/
Najida from Life as Najida- http://www.lifeasnajida.co.uk/
Chloe (aka the Anonymous Blogger)- https://anonymousblog999.wordpress.com/
Emsi from Emsi Rose- http://emsirose.blogspot.com/
Beth from BethxKate- https://bethxkate.wordpress.com/
Amy from Amy Jane- https://amyjane.co.uk/
Megan from Everything Megan- https://everythingmeganx.wordpress.com/
Tash from Thoughtful Tash- http://thoughtfultash.co.uk/
Lou from LouLoves- http://louloves01.blogspot.com/